Some people say
I've got it all wrong
when I say Christmas is more
than just the birth of His Son.
It started with that,
yes, it's factual and true,
but thirty years later,
life changed for me and you.
This baby grew up
into a Man,
Who healed the blind and lame
with the touch of His hand.
He came here to seek
those that needed to be reached.
"I Am the Way,"
was the message that He preached.
But some didn't like
the way this made them feel,
so they came up with a plan
to capture, corrupt, and kill.
They put Him on trial-
"He is guilty!" was their cry.
He said, "Father, forgive them."
For His purpose was to die.
You see, this Man,
once a baby so small,
came to rescue us from sin
and be the Savior of us all!
But the story doesn't end there-
the best is yet to come!
They laid His body in a grave,
but my Savior wasn't done.
He conquered sin and death-
He rose up from the grave!
He crushed the head of Satan-
my soul and yours to save!
This story is the truth, my friend,
I pray that you believe it.
He's offered you this gift of life,
all you must do is receive it.
So as you open up your gifts
with friends and family,
I hope that you can share my joy-
He is more than just a baby!
By Lacy Vance
December 24, 2012
Merry Christmas, my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment