Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snow Day!

I have just discovered yet another reason why I LOVE being a "teacher": SNOW DAYS!  Working retail meant no snow days EVER, but especially not 5 days before Christmas!  BUT... day care doesn't care about how many days there are 'till Christmas; they care about keeping us all safe!

Working at a day care has given me so many fantastic opportunities.  I've always wanted to be a teacher, but God never opened the door for me to see that dream come true.

Until now.

And the best part about it is that I didn't even know it was happening!  It wasn't until I started working at the day care and hearing children, parents, and co-workers referring to me as the "new teacher" in the two-year-old room that I realized my dream was finally coming true.

I loved watching my kids get excited about the snow when it started falling yesterday!  I loved hearing them talk about it, seeing the joy and wonder on their adorable little faces, and once again seeing snow through the eyes of a child.

In other news, I spent my snow day hanging out with my sister, Helen (who is staying with me this week so she can work), watching movies, and cutting a Mr. & Mrs. Potatohead out of felt.  SUPER cute and easy! Thanks, Pinterest, for keeping me entertained today!




No comments:

Post a Comment