Saturday, February 1, 2014

5 Thankful Things- January

Something I wanted to do this year was be more thankful.  To take the time to really notice and appreciate the great things I have in my life.  There are far too many things I take for granted, and I don't want to let these blessings just pass by without notice any longer.

So I've decided to try to do a monthly "reflection" of sorts by sharing just five things I'm thankful for during the month.  Here's January:

  1. Not having to live in fear of being evicted.  I love love LOVE living at home, and while sometimes I'm afraid my parents will get sick of me, I know that fear is just that: a fear.  There is no truth to it whatsoever, and my parents most likely love having me home just as much as I love living here.  It's not exactly what I planned to be doing at 24, but in some ways, it's BETTER!
  2. I'm thankful for a job that allows me to stay home when I'm sick.  In fact, I think they'd rather have me stay home than come to work when I'm sick.  And let me tell you, I have DEFINITELY been sick.  I can't seem to kick this sinus-y upper respiratory thing.  On that note...
  3. I'm thankful for a doctor that FINALLY sees the need for serious help with these recurrent sinus infections.  He referred me to an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) specialist, who I will see on Wednesday.
  4. I'm thankful that our house is NOT heated with propane.  Not that I'm paying for it regardless, since as I already mentioned: I live at home, but I'm thankful that it's not something we have to worry about. 
  5. I'm thankful for reconnecting with friends.  I'm thankful, in particular, for my high school friend, Connie, who introduced me to "trampoline jogging!"  I've been jogging 3-5 times a week since the new year, and I've gotta say, it's the best workout I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment