I spent all of Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday feeling like I'd been hit in the face with a sledgehammer. I fully intended to go back to work on Monday, but... that just didn't happen. I just didn't have the energy. I was sluggish and blah. I should have known better than to assume I'd be "normal" with this recovery. I've never had a normal recovery in my life.
I just tend to be a little slow. Slow bouncing back. Slow healing up. Slow to regain strength.
The only thing that doesn't slow down is my sense of humor. And my conversation speed. Apparently there just isn't much that slows either of those things down.
Thanks, again, for all the prayers said on my behalf. It was comforting to know that God was with me during surgery. The last thing I remember before waking up in recovery is repeating these words over and over in my head: "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." and "Lo, I am with you always." I'm thankful for the peace and comfort God brings when we need it most!
I don't see the doctor again until next Thursday for my two-week post-op check-up. So until then, I've stocked up on the lotion-y Puffs, grape juice (which is a comfort thing for me for some reason), and I'm doing my absolute best to hold off on sneezing until I absolutely can't hold it in any longer (because lets be honest: that's gonna HURT like the dickens when it finally happens!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment