Monday, March 3, 2014

Deviation

That's the answer.

I went to the ENT for my CT scan and allergy test this morning, and that was the answer: I have a deviated septum.  No allergies.  No sinus problems (in fact, my sinuses look pretty good, apparently). Just a deviated septum.

Just.

Long story short, the deviated septum is [likely and hopefully (because that means surgery will fix it)] causing three things:

  1. my drainage to go IN instead of OUT, which leads to sore throats and, well... drainage.
  2. a pinched nerve somewhere in my nose/cheek/eye area, which is the cause of what we thought were sinus headaches but are actually facial migraines. 
  3. limited breathing capacity.  Apparently I'm only breathing at about 80% of what I should be, which is probably why I sigh ALL THE TIME.  Seriously, people at work comment on it at least once a day.
So, what do we do to fix the problem?

Surgery.  Next Thursday (March 13). Sometime in the morning. The surgeon/doctor/specialist guy will be basically shaving off the part that is doing the blocking (if I understood correctly. I was kind of having one of those facial migraine things going on so I was having trouble focusing on what he was telling me.)  If all goes well, I'll have surgery Thursday, follow-up Friday, recovery Saturday, bounce-back Sunday, and return to work Monday.

Thanks for all who have been and will continue to pray.  It's not scary for me, but it is a little overwhelming.  I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.  But I'm thankful for so many things today- I'm glad to finally have some answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment