Monday, August 18, 2014

Right Now I'm...

Listening: Lately, I've taken to listening to Josh Groban on the way to work. There's just something so calming and soothing about his tunes that really relaxes me.  I've noticed a considerable (and CALMER) change in my mood upon arrival to work as a result!


Watching: Well, I ended up with an outer ear infection, so I spent all of Saturday & Sunday curled up on the couch with Gilmore Girls reruns. Gotta say: humor goes a LONG way to improving one's mood.


Reading: Nothing at the moment, but over vacation, I read Robin Jones Gunn's new(ish) book "Forever With You." Any Todd & Christy fans out there? Well, this is the newest addition to their story, and boy was it good! I LOVE these characters, and it was so fun to "catch up" with them!


Eating: As previously mentioned with the whole ear infection thing, I went for comfort food.  This time that included a box of original Wheat Thins and Gatorade. 


Wishing: That it was Autumn. I know, I know. It'll be here soon.  I'm trying my best to wait patiently!


Needing: I can't actually think of anything to put here... unless I put cereal.  That's the only thing I really need right now, since I'm basically out. 


Rejoicing: I feel better!! And also, this is the first time in 5 months that I've been sick!  That's gotta be some new kinda record for me! I'm so thankful that I'm feeling better, but I'm equally thankful that I've been (for the most part) completely well over the last 5 months!


Indulging: Again with the whole ear infection scenario, I had a hankering for Almond-n-Cream drink, but alas, there was no almond extract to be found!  So I substituted Black Walnut flavoring.  Turned out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.  And I drank like 4 servings. Sugar is supposed to make you get better faster, right?


Loathing: That my vacation is over.  We had such a WONDERFUL time, and I just hate that it ended.  Or maybe I'm loathing that I had to return to reality. I'm not sure...


Saying: Mostly things witty and sarcastic.  But what else is new?!


Meditating: God's peace.  God is in control of everything, and no matter what is happening in my life, I have no reason to worry or to get worked up.  As I mentioned in my music choices and their desired effect, I've been thinking a lot about God's peace also.  I'm so thankful that even when life seems hectic or directionless, God gives a peace that is beyond comprehension.  


Picturing: Vacation.  I miss it. It was wonderful.  I want to hit rewind!





No comments:

Post a Comment