Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Up, Up, & Away!

What has Lacy been up to over the last month? In light of my lack of blogging, you may be asking this question (or at least my 4 faithful followers probably are). The truth is I've been crazy busy!  Here's the condensed version of my life in the last three weeks:

- My older sister, Lindsey, made the decision to move back to Iowa.  She has a 6-year-old and a baby on the way.  The plan was for them to move into our house, thus moving me out of my room and into Laura's.  We had just one week to get everything situated before Dad and I flew out to California to help Lindsey pack up the truck and drive back to Iowa.

-Laura and I made the executive decision to paint "our" room.  We moved everything out and painted three walls white and one wall sunflower yellow in two days.  It looks fabulous!

-Dad and I few out of Des Moines on Friday, June 24 at 8pm.  We arrived in San Diego at 11pm (that's 1am Iowa time).  Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE flying!  Great trip!

-Oh ya, Friday morning before we left, Lindsey called to let us know she was in the hospital waiting to have her baby.  Long story, but just FYI- she'll probably be having her baby TODAY. That means she's been in the hospital over a week... almost two.

-Saturday & Sunday, Dad and I cleaned house, boxed up all the stuff, and packed the truck (which happened to be the LAST Budget truck in the COUNTY available until after July 4).  

-Monday: 19 hours, 5 states (California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, & Colorado), and 2/3 of a murder mystery novel before arriving in Denver for our overnighter at Dave & Lisa's.

-Tuesday: 15 hours, 3 states (Colorado, Nebraska, & Iowa), and the rest of the murder mystery novel before arriving back home.

-Dad and I returned the truck on Thursday.  I did some shopping & got lots of bargains!

-Friday: Potluck & Fireworks with the Farmington church family to celebrate the 4th of July... SO FUN!  Also, my "brother" and his lovely wife joined us all the way from Huxley, Iowa!  I haven't seen them in months... so good to finally spend a little time with them again!

-Saturday: Assist with wedding "mini" reception before attending main reception.  Again... SO FUN!

-Sunday: Dinner with the extended family for Grandpa's 86th birthday followed by April, Amber, & Alisa spending the night for some quality chick-flick time.

-Monday: lazy day at home.  FINALLY!

Now I'm back to work.  That's my life over the last three weeks in a nutshell.  Things are still up in the air with Lindsey.  She won't be able to come to Iowa until at least a few weeks after the baby is born.  However, we do have Bethany (the 6-year-old cutie) staying with us.  She's been super fun to have around.  We've read a million books, watched dozens of movies, and played outside.  Bethy has got to be the sweetest kid ever!  

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment