Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Bucket List

As the new year approached, I began, of course, hearing all about New Year's Resolutions.  I usually try to come up with two or three really good ones, and leave it at that, but every year, without fail, I never seem to carry them all the way through.  I'll do really awesome until Summer hits, and then I loose it!  Sometimes, I keep them all the way through November, but once the holiday season hits... ya... there goes the motivation.  So this year, I decided not to do any resolutions.  But once I made that decision, I was kinda sad because that's part of the fun of a New Year: coming up with a list of things to change.  So I decided that instead of resolutions, I would do a Bucket List!

My goal was to come up with just 10 slightly random, yet fun things to do this year that maybe I wouldn't do otherwise or that I've always kinda wanted to do, but never did.  I hope you enjoy following me throughout the year as I check items off my

2012 Bucket List
  1. Take a walk in the rain
  2. See an actual movie (a non-educational one) in the IMAX
  3. Go ice skating
  4. Fly a kite with my daddy (to relive my childhood... and because he used to sing us the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite" while shopping in Wal-Mart, but we never actually did that I remember... not really anyhow!)
  5. Watch Sweeney Todd with Ian (not because I want to... because HE thinks I need to see it...)
  6. Make a wish in a fountain
  7. Go to the Zoo
  8. Eat a meal at the Bravo! Cucina Italiana (the Italian restaurant out at Jordan Creek)
  9. See another Broadway Show (and no... it doesn't have to actually be ON Broadway... travelling Broadway will do just fine!)
  10. Buy something worth wearing (preferably a skirt or some shoes) in a bright bold yellow!
You might think my list is "lame," but I think it's fantastic!  I'm really excited about checking things off this list. Because it's not about doing big things, it's about doing little things and having a great time! And making memories that will last a lifetime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment