Monday, January 30, 2012

Delightfully Random

So I'm sitting in Cafe Diem with two very marvelous friends on a blog date, and what have I not yet done?  That's right.  I haven't actually posted to my blog.  Well, that just can't be.  Seriously.  You can't go on a blog date and not blog! That being said, I really don't have a whole lot of profound newness to write about, so here are a lot of random little snippets... glimpses... into my fantastic life.

(1) Christmas in January

This weekend, I was supposed to help my friend out with a youth event at his church.  He was going to pick me up at 10, but at 9, I got a text from my dearest cousin Steeeve (aka April) that said "Are you coming to family Christmas tonight?"  WHAT?!  This was the first I'd heard about it, so I made a snap last minute decision to go home for the weekend.  And let me tell you IT WAS SO WORTH IT! We had SOOOOO much fun! So many laughs!  I have the best family in the world! :)

(2) Dates that are Planned

Upon my return to Ankeny last night, my wonderful new friend Andy texted me and [insert short version] we went on a Wal-Mart/ McDonald's run.  Again... we had a blast.  The only difference between our first/accidental "date" and our outing last night was that this time it was planned.  So. Much. Fun!  Oh yes... and here we are again tonight on a planned "date," only this time it's a blog date. Hence the posting...

(3) Addictions

Did everyone enjoy the beautiful weather today?  I sure did!  So there I was stuck inside... all day... while the beautiful weather outside taunted me.  I probably would have made it, but one of my amazingly wonderful coworkers (who will remain nameless... you know who you are) has an addiction.  And this addiction allows [individual] to occasionally go outdoors for brief periods of time.  Well... I decided that today was the day I would follow suit and take a break to accommodate my own addiction: Sunshine! So when [individual] went out for a smoke... I went with [individual]. :)  We had a marvelous little chat... which consisted mostly of me saying how beautiful the day was and such. Thanks, [individual], for being awesome... and for making me smile... always. :)

Well... there.  I've done it. A blog post from our blog date. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment