Wednesday, January 25, 2012

God Knows

I knew when I woke up this morning that today was just not going to be a good day.  I was tired, didn't want to move, and couldn't decide what to wear.  Ugh.  

Nothing overly awful happened today, it was just a very OFF kinda day.  My back, neck, and half of the  bones between my head and hips are out of wack. Seriously.  As some of you know, when I let my back go out of wack long enough, it begins screwing with my digestive system.  Once that starts, it's pretty much guaranteed that within a few weeks, I'll be throwing up everything I put down... Not that you wanted to know that.  Anyhow, I'm at that stage where I'm starting to feel sick all the time.  Thankfully, I have a chiropractor appointment Friday morning!

Anyhow, it wasn't a horrible day, but by the time I got off work, I was more than ready to spend a few hours in church with my dear friends and our Almighty Savior. So I showed up at the school to pick up the usual crowd, and... [short version] ended up driving all alone to church.  Thankfully, church was amazing.  God always knows just exactly what we need.  Always. 

So after a wonderful & challenging service, it was decided that at least three of us would head on over to Village Inn for free pie... because... well... hello!... FREE PIE! Well... [the short version... again] it ended up being just me and Andy.  Andy and I met on Sunday.  We barely know each others names... yet there we were... at Village Inn... just the two of us... for free pie.  When I realized it was just us, I was a little... concerned?... as to how that would work out.

BUT... God Knows.  God knew that Andy and I would be instant friends.  God knew that we both needed encouragement.  God knew that we would have a marvelous time.  God knew that we both overuse the word fantastic.  God knew that I needed a friend... and I'm guessing Andy would say the same thing. God knew that I recently made a decision to make sure my closest friends are the kind who encourage me to be the best version of myself... to encourage me in godliness and holiness and Christ-likeness. 

God knows.  

God knows that I woke up this morning with the midset of "this will be a not-so-great day."  But God, in His goodness and faithfulness... out of an indescribable love for His daughter, gave me a fantastic conclusion to this day.

Thank You, dear Father!  Thank You for KNOWING my needs.  Thank You for loving me unconditionally.  And thank You, God, for sending me a new friend that I didn't know I needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment