- Opportunities to be tested in certain areas of my life. This month definitely held a few of those, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to grow and actually see myself making decisions that are small, but important, with the right focus!
- Playing my Flute in Church on Sunday mornings, which has not only been a great ministry opportunity for me, but has been an encouragement and blessing to others in the church. I'm thankful that God gave me the desire to do this!
- My Sister Leah. I'm not sure what I would have done without her this month, as she was my go-to fill-in for church ministries when I was sick. She filled in for me last Sunday in Children's Church (she taught and everything!) at a moments notice, and she's filled in for me at least once (maybe twice) in Wednesday night Awana. I hate missing out on ministries, but I'm thankful for people like my sister who go beyond what's required of them, and who do it with a smile on their face!
- Antihistamines. I have no idea why I never thought if it before, but with all the nasal blockage of late, it never once occurred to me to take them. That is... until I went to the ENT specialist, who wants to take a CAT scan of my head and do an allergy test on Monday. One of the last things they told me before I left was "absolutely NO antihistamines (and maybe some other stuff I can't remember...) within 48 hours before we see you on the 3rd!" At which point I was like... "Ah Ha! Hello! Why haven't I been taking these nasal passage opening capsules before?!" On a side note, I now get to endure the weekend without the help of these lovely gems, but hopefully they'll discover something insightful on Monday to alleviate the problem entirely.
- My sense of humor. It's something I take for grated all too often, but today I was actually HUGGED for being... funny... I guess. Life is far to short to go through it cranky and rain-cloud-y all the time! I [almost always] choose to look on the bright side... or at least the humorous side, and I'm thankful for the disposition God gave me. I know, I know... I have my moments of not-so-sunny-ness, but for the most part, I just like being happy. :)
Friday, February 28, 2014
5 Thankful Things - February
Yay! February is finally over, which means Winter is almost over, which means warmer temps and hints of Spring are just a few short weeks away! Here are my five thankfuls for February:
Labels:
5 Thankful Things,
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment