Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Birthday, America!

I love Independence Day because I love this country in which I live.  I love that I have the freedom to live how I choose, with whom I choose, and where I choose.  I love that I have the freedom to read my Bible whenever I choose and wherever I choose.  I love that I have the freedom to make my own choice on what to believe and what "religion" to practice. I love that, in this country, I can do anything and be anything I want to be, even if I don't yet know what or whom that might be.

This year, picnics were the main attraction.  We had a picnic lunch with the family at Lacey State Park in Keosauqua, complete with swimming and hiking.  In the evening, we had a picnic at church with our church family, complete with eating, softball, and eating.  As always, the day ended with fireworks at the local cemetery (yes. cemetery. don't judge.).

Always PROUD to be an American!









No comments:

Post a Comment