Sunday, July 20, 2014

I Feel Pretty

There's a Facebook nomination thing going around for people to "Share five pictures you feel beautiful in," and while I haven't been nominated, I thought I would take a minute to share a few photos in which I feel beautiful.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  It's easy in our culture to be very self-loathing, to see ourselves as not up to par.  We're taught by the media that in order to be beautiful, you need to be stick thin, blemish free, and always perfectly made up. It's easy to look in the mirror or through a photo album and only see the flaws.

But I'm not just flaws.  I am the daughter of the King.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made!  I am just the way God intended me to be.  I'm not saying I don't have a responsibility to take care of myself, nor am I saying that I am the most beautiful person on the planet.  I just need to remind myself sometimes that God made me in His image, and I look just like He choose. God doesn't make mistakes.

And I am beautiful.

For those of you who receive this via e-mail, this is largely a PHOTO post, so you'll have to actually go to my blog to see them...






No comments:

Post a Comment