Saturday, July 12, 2014

Right Now I'm...

Listening: Stevie Wonder has been on my ipod lately, along with a handful of other things.  Gotta get my Wonder on sometimes!


Watching: Christmas Movies!  It IS July, after all, and that's what Hallmark plays (even though I don't have the Hallmark channel).


Reading: Karen Kingsbury's "Fifteen Minutes."  It's GREAT! 


Eating: The other night, my cousin Steeeve was here, and we had root beer floats.  My, were they tasty!  One of my favorite summer treats is a frosty cold root beer float!


Wishing: That car tires would last forever.  I need to get new tires for my vehicle, and it's gonna cost me a pretty penny.  And maybe an arm or a leg... or both. LAME!


Needing: Haha... um... see "wishing."


Rejoicing: Every summer for as long as I can remember, the southeast Iowa Pastor's fellowship for the GARBC has put on a junior camp at Lake Darling.  This year, they switched venues and used Living Waters Farm for their camp.  I LOVED this switch because we were able to go over every night for chapel because it was just like two miles away!


Indulging: Root beer floats.  And coffee.  Always coffee.


Loathing: That I lost my motivation to exercise.  My friend and co-worker got me excited to do a 30-day ab challenge.  However, just a week into it, I hurt my neck and shoulder.  Really badly.  So there goes that.  I'll just stick with the 30 minute/2.5 miles of jogging instead for now.  Less dangerous.


Saying: The same friend/co-worker that got me excited about the 30-day ab challenge also pulled a muscle (yes... clearly we should NOT be left unsupervised while exercising). So we've been calling each other "old lady" names.  Ethel, Bertha, Francine. You get the idea.  We're just a couple of old ladies trapped in 20 something year old bodies.


Meditating: We sang several songs at camp this week, including "Change My Heart, O God." I love this song because true, lasting change 1) happens on the inside and 2) can't happen without God. 


Picturing: Did I mention that we spent a lot of time at camp this week?  I loved it!





No comments:

Post a Comment