Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day 10 & 11: Hope & Staying Home

Day 10- Hope

Yesterday, I got a call back from the consult I'm seeking for my nose/headaches situation.  I'm thankful that the individual I talked to seemed to think there was good reason for me to seek a second opinion, which translates to "I'm not totally crazy."  She even went so far as to delay appointment set-up until my case can be reviewed so that I won't have to make unnecessary trips to Iowa City!  I'm thankful for this in a BIG way!

Day 11- Staying Home
I'm thankful for our veterans... just like every other patriotic American, but today what I was most thankful for (and this is in NO way intended to be a slap in the face of those who serve, nor is it a display of my ungratefulness) is the fact that on the first snowfall of the season, I got to stay snuggled warm in my bed. I really REALLY hate winter.  I mean, sure, the snow is beautiful sometimes, but most of the time I just HATE the weather. So I'm thankful that (at least for this morning) I could avoid the snow today, even if it was just a light disgusting... I mean dusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment