Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4: Music

Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE music.  Contemporary, Old School, Christian, Secular, Instrumental/Orchestral, Broadway: there's all kinds of great stuff! So today, I'm thankful for music.  I'm thankful for my ability to not only hear great music, but also for the ability to sing it and play it as well!  

What am I currently listening to? Well, to be honest, YES, I am one of those people.  I'm already adding Christmas music to my ipod.  Here are my top five songs/albums of the week:

1. Thankful
Album: Noel
Artist: Josh Groban

I love this song!  It's my favorite secular Thanksgiving song ever recorded.  Seriously.  Thanks, Josh Groban, for stepping up and actually including Thanksgiving on your Holiday CD!



2. Cold December Night
Album: Christmas
Artist: Michael Bublé

Michael Bublé + Christmas = Does it GET any better?!  This guy is one of my all-time favorite artists EVER! If you like his other stuff, let me tell you this: his Christmas CD will NOT disappoint!  This song is a fresh new Christmas love wish!  



3. One Thing God Can't Do
Album: Just Stand
Artist: Legacy 5

"There's just one thing God can't do, and that's stop loving you."  Wow.  Talk about some awesomely powerful lyrics!  This song has spoken to me in many various ways over the last year.  I heard it for the first time last January at my very first L5 concert, and I've gotta say... it stuck!  No matter how sinful and unfaithful I may be, God is always faithful and will never stop loving me. Thanks for the powerful reminder, L5!!!


4. The Singer [Let There Be Light]
Album: One Wintry Night
Artist: David Phelps

As always, David Phelps delivers an awesome God-centered song!  This one focuses on Christ's coming to earth as a child to bring the light of hope to a lost and dying world.  "And the Singer sings on, still writes the song of the redeemed!"  What great lyrics to focus us on the true meaning of Christmas!


5. Around the World
Album: 16 Most Requested Songs
Artist: Buddy Greco

Again, no surprise, but I'm a huge HUGE fan of the new ABC show Pan Am!  This marvelously catchy tune, which is a remake of the old Frank Sinatra song, was featured on the TV Premier trailer.  Can't get it out of my head!

Well, there you have it.  The top five songs of my ipod for the time being that make me thankful for all kinds of music!

So... what are YOU thankful for today?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment