I didn't forget to post yesterday, I simply decided to double up on today's post. Don't ask me why... I don't know! :)
Day 7: Sensory Details
I often take these for granted, but I'm so incredibly thankful for my sight, sense of smell, taste, etc.! Life would be so different without these, and quite frankly, I don't want to think about it. Not being able to smell cookies baking in the oven; not seeing the leaves change color in the fall; not being able to feel the smooth, soft cheek of my beautiful niece; not being able to hear the rain as it hits the window or the sound of my family laughing. What a sad world that would be!
Day 8: Abundance
I'm thankful that I not only have a roof over my head and clothes to wear, but that I live in a very nice house and have [in my opinion] great clothes to wear! I don't go hungry, and I never worry about going out in the elements because I have plenty of clothes to choose from. I'm thankful that my parents graciously have allowed me to live in their house for the last 22 years free of charge, especially since I came home from college. I'm thankful that I have running water, and it even gets hot! I'm thankful that I don't have to go outside my home to do laundry. I think I take these things for granted far too often. Not everyone is afforded these luxuries. I should be more thankful.
What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment