Friday, November 18, 2011

A Place to Call Home & Excellent Customer Service

Day 17
Well, it's done.  My worldly goods have all been packed in boxes and bags.  I'm thankful for my awesome daddy and his stellar puzzle solving skills.  I was SURE that the massive amount of boxes and bags would never EVER fit in my car.  Before he started loading the car, I said to my dad, "I'm afraid I don't give my car enough credit on size, and I highly underestimate the determination of my father."  Turns out I was dead on.  He was able to get pretty much everything in that I hadn't set aside for next week... and then some.  I have like three things left on my list of "get this at Thanksgiving."

Along with that, I'm sure this will come up again, but I'm thankful that when I get in my car today and drive to Ankeny I have a place to go and a fabulous couple with which to live.  God provides in ways that I don't expect, and I'm always amazed at how perfect His plan is!

Day 18
I'm thankful for excellent customer service!  My dear Iris (yes, my car has a name.  Don't judge) had a dangerously low tire last night!  And, of course, we didn't realize there was an issue until AFTER dad had packed the car to capacity.  Well, how on earth am I supposed to make a trip to Mt. Pleasant and then on to Ankeny on a flat tire (especially when the spare tire is buried in the trunk under mounds of tightly-packed stuff)?!  I'm thankful that I still (for the next few hours) live in small-town Iowa.  The local mechanic and his wife LOVE us, so they were able to squeeze me in first thing this morning.  There was, indeed, a nail in the tire, and removal of said nail cost right around $10!  And my mom even paid the bill as a "thanks for taking me to Keokuk yesterday" gift.

And next time you hear from me, I'll have a new address! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment