Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

So, I realized this morning as I sat down to write three more days worth of "Thankful Thoughts" that I haven't done very well at posting daily.  I've posted for every day, but not daily.  Oh well... it's the thought that counts, right? :)

Day 22

I'm sure you're all sick of hearing it, but I'm thankful for my best friend, Laura.  She may be my sister, but that's what makes our friendship so great!  Specifically, I'm thankful for the fleeting moments we're able to spend together.  I'm thankful that I can shoot her a text and set up a dinner date for minutes later.  I'm thankful that we can run to the store together.  God gave me the best little sister in the whole world, and since beginning this thankful thoughts project, I've realized just how much I take her for granted.  Well, not any more.  I love you, Helen!  (P.S.- Helen... can I get a double serving of that Paulie Allen Puffer? LOL!)

Day 23

I'm thankful for a fantastic new assistant manager.  The assistant manager at Greenberg's Jordan Creek, Chris, is awesome.  Mostly, I'm bragging on him today because once he found out how far I was driving to get home, he let me cut out 1/2 an hour early.  He would have let me go even earlier, but it didn't come up till half an hour before my shift was up.  Thanks for being awesome, Chris!

Day 24- Thanksgiving

I'm thankful that there is a day set aside entirely for giving thanks to our Creator for the many blessings he has given throughout the year.  The Vance family certainly has quite a lot to be thankful for this year, just as we did last year and the year before that and so on.  This afternoon, the family will come together for a mid-day meal.  Around the table will be many people that weren't here last year, or could have easily not been here this year.  Lindsey and her kids will be here for the first time since she moved to California six years ago.  My mom's parents are here for the first time in probably about the same amount of years.  My dad's dad will be here this year; last year he was in a nursing home recovering from his near death experience. My dad's brother's family will all be here.  All of them.  We could have lost half of them in a massive car accident last Easter. But we didn't.  Because God chose to bless us in that way.  There is rumor that my dad's sister and all of her kids (including an amazing daughter-in-law and adorable grandson) will be with us this year.  She hasn't been to a family Thanksgiving or any family event for that matter in probably five to seven years.  Yes, the Vance family certainly has an abundance for which to be thankful.

But, even if none of these people were seated around our table this year, we would still have plenty to be thankful for because no matter what happens here on this earth, Christ still took the punishment for my sins at Calvary.  And He is still the conquering and reigning King.

So in the midst of enjoying family, eating more food than you ought, and watching football or "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving," take a moment to be thankful for the ONE thing that truly matters most.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment