E was a hard letter to do, but I finally came up with something:
When I graduated from high school, I had a teacher who gave me a stuffed elephant as a gift. It's adorable and fluffy and has sat on my shelf for the past seven years. The card she included said something along the lines of "Elephants never forget... Just like you. You have all the knowledge you need to succeed... And I have no doubt you WILL be very successful."
I see that stuffed elephant every morning, and I hardly notice it anymore. But as I was sitting here thinking of what I was thankful for that started with "E," I realized that I am thankful for that little confidence boost I get when I take a few seconds to look at that stuffed elephant gifted to me those several years ago.
To the teacher that gave me the elephant, and you know who you are, THANK YOU for that elephant... And know that I'm thankful for the confidence you have always had in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment