Friday, November 20, 2015

T is for Time

Time. It never stops. It never slows down.  It always speeds by way too quickly.  We waste it; we revel in it; and sometimes we even use it wisely. Time is the one thing I know for sure I always take for granted way too often.

None of us knows how long we have here on this earth.  Over the last several years, this has really hit home for me.  Losing my grandpa suddenly and unexpectedly almost two years ago was a drastic reality check.  This summer, we found out that my great aunt has cancer.  Last week, I found out that she'll likely not make it through the end of the year.  My co-worker has a family member who was recently diagnosed with cancer as well, who also was given weeks to live.

Time.  A single moment can seem like an eternity. A year can pass in the blink of an eye. In the grand scheme of things, my own life is but a vapor.  A tiny little dot in the history of the world. And yet, my life has the potential to influence so many others.

I'm so thankful for the time God gives me to live.  I'm grateful that my life is worth sustaining. I'm thankful for parents who taught me the value of time by using their own time to actively BE in my life from day one, working hard at their jobs, and ministering to others.  I'm thankful for the opportunities God gives me to use my time to share the love of Christ with others.

Time is a funny thing, but over the past few years, while death seems to be all around me, I'm thankful for the stark reminder that time is a gift. A blessing to be thankful for. And I'm so thankful for the gift of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment