Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Q is for Quiet

I was a little worried when I began this "Alphabet of Thankfulness" because I knew that letters like Q and Z would eventually come. Today, however, was not as hard as I thought it would be.

I'm thankful for the quiet moments of life. The down time.  The little snippets of time here and there where nothing is vying for your attention, and no one is depending on you for immediate interaction- there is just quiet. Time to think and reflect.  Time to still your heart and mind.  Time to just be.

In these moments of quiet, I am also thankful for what good little Patch the Pirate kids refer to as "Quiet Time." Others may refer to this as devotions or Bible time or who knows what else, but "Quiet time" fits with our letter, so Quiet Time it is.  I'm thankful for parents who made me see the value of spending time with God- in prayer, in Bible reading, in memorization and meditation.  I'm thankful for resources and inspiration available today to help make this time even more special and rejuvenating.

Sometimes, it's nice to just enjoy a little Quiet Time during your time of Quiet. What a thing to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment