Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 13: The Drive-Up

Today did not start out very well. In fact, it started out down right lousy.  And by the time I walked into work this morning, I was in a less than sunshiny mood.  I didn't want to be cranky, but unfortunately, I allowed my circumstances to dictate my mood.

I'm thankful for my permanent position at the drive-up window for many reasons.  Today, as I was cranky, it was a blessing to my coworkers, for they didn't have to deal with me.  It also gave me time to think and pray about my attitude, and to remind myself that while everything seemed to happen at once this morning (hence the cranky), none of it was life-changing or earth-shattering.  I had a person ask me to pray today for someone they knew who was being air-cared to the hospital.  That really helped put my "bad day" into perspective. I'm healthy and happy and have a great life, as do my family and friends. So I'm thankful for the extra time to think and pray today.  And I'm thankful for the reminder that it's just a "bad day," not a bad life.

No comments:

Post a Comment