Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 30: Family

I know, I know.  I'm thankful for my FAMILY a LOT!  But, hey! Most people don't have a family as great as mine.  That's just a fact.

I love having our Vance family get-togethers!  We all get along and genuinely enjoy one another's company.  That's pretty rare for families today.  I love that family holidays are mandatory, and that everyone makes an effort to contribute.  I'm thankful that we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving together tonight, even if it wasn't quite traditional this year.

I'm thankful for the modern technologies that allow me to stay in contact with the Thompson side, too!  Facebook has been great for keeping in touch with and getting to know new members of the family!  I'm thankful for texting because it's my key mode of communication with my Denver Aunt & Uncle, whom I love dearly!  I'm so thankful that they're always just a phone tap away!

Oh!  And I'm thankful that for the first time in the three years I've been doing "Thankful November," I FINALLY posted every single day.  No doubling up.  No "make-up"s.  Just one post every single day on the day!

I hope you've enjoyed being thankful with me, and I hope we can all keep the spirit of thankfulness alive over the next 11 months while we wait for another Thanksgiving to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment