Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 23: A Job I Love

So there I was, working a Saturday morning, when a customer hit me with my Thankful for the day.  He asked how my day was going, and I responded with "well... it's Saturday.  And I'm at work."  And he said, "be thankful you have a job."

Be thankful you have a job.

I responded with, "you're right!  I'm very thankful that I not only have a job, but that I have a job I love!"

And I do.  I love my job at the bank.  In spite of the ups and downs (which come with every job... no matter what line of work you're in), my job at the drive-up window is the best job I've had.  Maybe ever.  It's been 8 months, and I haven't even looked at another job.  I threatened to when things got really bad a few months ago, but I never did.

After job hopping for the last five years, it's NICE to have a job that I enjoy.  It's nice to not be in constant turmoil. It's nice to not have to convince myself that I can suffer through a little longer.

I'm so thankful for God's provision of this wonderful job that allows me to live at home. I'm thankful for the drive-up where I can interact with people while being in my own little world.

And I'm thankful for coworkers that I enjoy being around [for the most part].

No comments:

Post a Comment