Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 24: Divine Reminders

It's easy to look at other people and see their faults... their flaws... their sin.

It's easy to see the way people live double lives.

It's easy to find fault in other people.

But not in myself.

The truth, however, is I am broken.  I am a sinner.  I have no right to think better of me than of someone else when I myself struggle with various sins.

It's easy to get discouraged by my sin.

It's easy to feel hopeless.

It's easy to feel like giving up.

But not with God.

God has away of reminding me to Whom I belong.  He has away of snagging my attention and reminding me that as as a believer, I am no longer a slave to my sin.  I, in God's power, have the strength to say no.  God has a way of reminding me that He understands my struggles, and He wants to help me through them.  He wants me to have victory!  He has a way of reminding me that I don't have to be someone different on the outside than I am on the inside.



(This is a new song by Kyle Kupecky, released today. I found it to be a huge encouragement!)

No comments:

Post a Comment