Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 8: Amber

As you know, I am very close to my family.  Not just my immediate family, but my aunts, uncles, and cousins also.

I'm too worn out to go into much detail, but at 11:30ish this morning, I listened to a voice mail that stopped me in my tracks.  My cousin Amber, a Senior in high school this year, went to have her wisdom teeth removed this morning.  Towards the end of the procedure, she began having violent convulsions.  Again, long story short, she continued to have seizure-like convulsions for most of the afternoon (between 25-30 in all) and was transferred from the local hospital to the University hospital.

They still aren't sure what exactly caused it, but the convulsions have stopped, and she is home resting now.  Praise the Great Physician!

It is in moments such as these that we realize just how much people mean to us, and today was no exception. I tend to have an overactive imagination, and if I'm not careful, it can run away with me. I'm so thankful that this dear cousin is alive and (for the most part) well!  Join me in praying for her as she faces some health issues, won't you?

And take time to be thankful for those people in your life that you can't imagine life without.  Because you never know when you'll have to face that moment.

Thankfully, today WASN'T that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment