Every year for as long as I can remember, we've hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house (with the exception of maybe two years) ON Thanksgiving day.
This year, it just worked out that more people were available on Saturday versus Thursday, so we postponed the festivities until the weekend. That being said, today was a very odd kind of Thanksgiving day here at the Vance house. However, I had quite a lovely day!
For the first time in probably five or six years, we were able to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which was a tradition in our household up until the digital vs analog television debacle, which rendered our retro television useless. I managed to FINALLY find a live streaming website this year, so we enjoyed this tradition once again, much to our delight!
I'm pretty sure I also managed to drink an entire pot of Candy Cane Coffee, which if I may brag for a moment, was pretty barista-worthy with it's whipped cream and chocolate drizzle topping. De. Licious.
Jason and the girls also spent the day with us, and we put up the Christmas tree (which is usually our Saturday tradition, but... the swap). Alexxa had a ball helping put ornaments on the tree, and Beth did great helping me with the lights!
I'm so thankful for this non-traditional Thanksgiving day! It's not what I prefer to do every year, but it will definitely be a cherished memory! I have so much for which to be thankful this year, and my family is definitely at the top of the list (right after the Faithfulness of God)!
I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day of family, friends, and thankfulness; I hope we remember to carry this attitude of gratitude with us into the coming Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment