Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 17: Routines

I'm thankful for a lot of things, but the big one for me today is routines.  I'm thankful for the stability that routines bring to our lives.  I'm thankful for the way that routines make our lives easier by removing some of the decision-making moments (because I already have a plan).  My Sunday routine is probably the one for which I am most thankful.

I LIKE meeting in the same room for Children's church on Sundays (we didn't do that today, and let me tell you... chaos.)

I LIKE sleeping in a bit Sunday morning.

I LIKE going to dad's Sunday school class, sitting at the same table, with the same ladies every Sunday.

I LIKE lazy, quiet Sunday afternoons to relax, take a nap, or just do nothing.

I LIKE coming home from evening service and knowing we'll have "burnt" cheese (grilled cheese for you non-Vances).

I LIKE knowing that I get to watch two of my favorite shows (Once Upon a Time & Revenge) after "burnt" cheese.

I LIKE knowing that *usually* I don't have to work early the next morning.

Yes, I'm a big fan of routines.  I don't mind the occasional spontaneous moment, as those can be fun also, but for the most part: I'm a routine girl.  And I'm thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment