Have you ever been going about your day, not really noticing what's playing on the radio, when all of a sudden, you hear the opening notes to one of your favorite memories? If not, I feel sorry for you.
I'm so THANKFUL for these unexpected trips down memory lane. Music has been, is, and always will be one of the best communication tools in my life. So many feelings, memories, thoughts, and emotions can be conveyed with the simple words or notes of a song.
Every time I hear one of these songs, I take a moment to be thankful for the memories. Life passes by so quickly (yes, this is coming from a 23-year-old), but our memories last a lifetime.
There's one song that, for the past year and three months, every single time I hear it, I hope to myself that I will ALWAYS turn up the radio when I hear the opening notes and sing my heart out. I hope that the memories of the best Summer of my life will always be fresh and wonderful and enchanting. Happy memories. The people. The places. The smells. The sounds.
The love.
This is just one instance of a Musical Memory, but there are so many. I love that music has the ability to effortlessly take me to a different time and place.
What a great thing to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment