I've been teaching children's church for about three months now, and I LOVE it! It's been fun to teach the kids about different things we can learn from the characters in the Bible. I'm using a teacher's book that not only familiarizes the children with some of the key characters, but it also focuses on what we can learn from them. For instance we learned from Esther how God can make us brave. And from Nehemiah how God can help us do what is right. And we learned from Joseph that God made us special and has a plan for each of our lives. Daniel taught us that we should pray and obey God. Each character is focused on for a month.
This month, I took a break from the characters, and skipped to the 2nd half of the book that focuses on different things we can learn about Jesus or things in the New Testament. And, YAY, there is an entire section on.... THANKFULNESS! So that's what we're learning about this month.
Today, we learned to be thankful that God keeps His promises. We talked about different verses in the Old Testament that told the people of the coming Messiah, and then we looked at a place in the New Testament where these things came true. I'm thankful for the opportunity to not only teach the children these truths from God's Word, but to learn them for myself, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment