And I woke up half dead. Eye lids swollen. Throat burning. Body aching.
I still got the big "must do" items scratched off my list, but the rest of the day, I just rested. A little reading, a little snoozing, a little vegging. And an entire pot of coffee. And a phone call to the local doc to get a prescription (which, long story short, I don't have. But I WILL!).
I'm thankful that I woke up feeling like garbage on a day that I already had scheduled to be off. I'm thankful that I didn't have any plans that prevented my lounging and resting. I'm thankful for comfort beverages like coffee (today's selection was Candy Cane). I'm thankful for my parents who still want to take care of me when I'm sick, even though I'm almost 24.
And I'm thankful that I have a nice warm bed to crawl into for a good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment