Have you ever prayed for something or someone for years and, while believing that God is fully able to do whatever it is you're asking, it just seems like it won't happen?
Well, I have. Many times. It can be discouraging. Sometimes I feel like giving up.
And then, a miracle happens.
I've been praying for God to work in the life of someone I've known for what feels like (and what may actually be) my entire life. We were never close, but during our childhood and teen years, we were in and out of each others lives more times than I can count. I prayed for him when I was little and a whole lot more when I was a teen. His family has always been part of my life, and I pray for all of them, but this one was special.
Fast forward several (like 8) years, and I've all but lost contact with him. That's what happens when you add several moves, a spouse (his, obviously) and kids (again, obviously his), and the general craziness of life. I have, however, managed to keep in contact with his parents (thanks, Facebook) and his relatives (who attend my church). Several things have happened over the last several years that have caused me to pray more diligently for him, and every update I managed to get was less positive than the one before.
Until a few weeks ago.
I found out that he got SAVED! He finally made the decision to truly give his life to the Lord and surrender to God's plan for his life!
AND, as if that isn't enough, he has completely turned his life around!
AND, in further demonstration of his new-found relationship with his Savior, he followed the Lord in believer's baptism last Sunday!
My friends, for those of you who happen to know Joe, you have seen first-hand that God is still in the miracle working business. For those of you who don't know Joe or his family, you can believe me when I tell you: God STILL works miracles!
I'm so THANKFUL for this entire experience because there are others I'm praying for, and I can't WAIT to see God continue working miracles! After all, God is STILL in the business of changing lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment