Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 15- Modern Technology

I'm supposed to be in San Antonio.  At least... that's what I think.  Obviously I'm not there, and everything happens for a reason.  There are LOTS of reasons I'm not in San Antonio.  I keep trying to remind myself of these reasons... it's not really convincing me.

Anyhow, since I can't be THERE, I'm glad that modern technology can bring THERE to ME!  Facebook and texting have helped me feel connected to the things I'm missing out on.  I get to see pictures and updates whenever I want, and I can shoot a text to my brother at any time! 

I'm thankful for the convenience of modern technology such as facebook, texting, etc. My sister and nieces lived in California for a few years, and these technologies kept us connected.  They keep me connected to my dimpled darling cousin, George, who is in Peru (and has been since May).  They keep me connected to my parents (whom I see every few weeks, but they get my blog updates e-mailed to them so...).  Texting (more than Facebook) keeps me connected with the best little brother in the whole wide world, who is in Ohio (well... he's not in Ohio at this very moment... he's in Texas, but yeah...).  

While I'm still a HUGE fan of snail mail, and I think that a personal, hand-written letter means so much more than a quick e-mail or whatever, today, I'm VERY thankful for modern technology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment