Sometimes, we're blessed to grow up in a family where everyone loves each other, and family meals are mandatory. We love and are loved in ways that only family can understand. We pick on each other, laugh with and/or at each other, and cry together when necessary. Family is one of God's greatest blessings.
Sometimes, you get double blessed. God gives you the gift of TWO families.
I, along with my sister Helen, am one of those double blessed people.
This summer, I started out thinking it was going to be a very long, very lonely couple of months. But God had other plans. For instance, my best friend/sister ended up NOT moving home; rather, she moved into the Yellow House. Over the course of June, July, & August, Helen and I found ourselves in a new family. Not that we aren't still part of our original family, but suddenly, there we were smack in the middle of ANOTHER family.
I can't thank the Lord enough for the delightful blessing of our Yellow House family.
I'm thankful for Father Dudley, who not only is our pastor, but who also loves us enough to pray for us, advise us, and tease us. I'm thankful for his godly leadership and insight into our lives.
I'm thankful for Mom, who loves us as though we were her own. She shares our ups and our downs, our laughter and our tears. She hugs us hello and goodbye each and every time she sees us, as though she may not get another chance ever.
I'm thankful for Chris, who is serving the Lord in Peru. I don't know him all too well, but he's part of the family, so that means we love him! I'm excited for his return next spring and the opportunity to get to know him better. I'm thankful for his heart for God and his love for people.
I'm thankful for brother, Caleb, who is fastly becoming one of my best friends. I'm thankful for his laughter and his hugs. I'm thankful for his love of God and of music. I'm most thankful for the encouragement he has been to me over the last few months, wherein phone conversations have taken place that have brought us closer together, even though we've been miles and miles apart.
I'm thankful for Carah, who provides lots of laughs, sweet smiles, and warm hugs. I love listening to her sing whenever and wherever she pleases. I'm thankful that she is still young enough to live at home, and that she will be for another five years or so. I'm thankful for this wonderful little sister, who brings joy and happiness to my life!
I'm thankful for Grandma and Grandpa, as well. Even though we only see them on Sundays, they've adopted us, too. Gotta love Grandma! :)
I can't begin to explain what all this family means to me, but I can't imagine life without my Yellow House family. God gave me a true blessing in you, and I praise and thank Him for you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment