Is there EVER a dull moment with me? Early Monday morning, as most of you may recall, I had a little issue with Iris (my car) and her non-stop LOUD horn at 2 a.m. Well tonight...
I picked up Carah & Jessica at the Yellow House after work, and we met Helen at my house in Ankeny, where we began our journey out to Jordan Creek (yes... I left work at Jordan Creek to turn around and go BACK to Jordan Creek) for the annual Tree Lighting & fireworks! Much anticipated by all, you can certainly imagine the excitement. You can probably also imagine how that excitement might be dimmed when you hit a deer with your car. Yes. I hit a deer (I think) on my way out to Jordan Creek. I didn't even see it... I only know it was there because I HIT IT. Thankfully, my dear Iris still runs just fine, even though her hood is a little mashed up and my driver's side headlight needs some TLC.
In the midst of all THIS commotion, I got a phone call from my dear brother Dave, who happened to be out at Jordan Creek with his wife and son. SCORE! So, I had him take a quick look at my car to make sure it wasn't anything too drastic, which it isn't.
So... I'm thankful that:
1- No one was hurt... well except the deer.. and Iris a little.
2- Iris isn't suffering too much, and probably won't cost me too much to have her repaired.
3- Dave was there to assist me in my time of need (which he seems to do a LOT where Iris is concerned!).
4- Helen & I were able to spend some quality time with Carah & Jessica tonight.
5- Yellow House mom didn't revoke my chauffeur privileges.
6- Iris' horn thing was disconnected due to previous misfortune, so the deer incident didn't set off the horn!
7- My daddy is always just a phone call away.
8- Today was a GOOD day!
Here are a few pictures from the fireworks, which we sat directly beneath (SO COOL!!!!):
No comments:
Post a Comment