Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 18- Church Family (Trinity Edition)

One year ago this Sunday, I visited Trinity Baptist Church for the first time.  I can't believe an entire year has passed since that first visit, but I'm SO thankful that I chose Trinity.  Or, rather, that Trinity chose me.  Or that God brought me and Trinity together.  :)

I'm thankful for the family I have found at our little church on the south side.  If I start naming specific people, I'll leave someone out, so I think I shall refrain (for the most part) from naming specifics.  I'm thankful for the support and love I find here, and the open arms that welcomed me in all those months ago. I'm thankful for the opportunity to help this past summer with Summer of the Gospel 2012.  I'm thankful for the opportunity I have now to teach children's church (whenever I happen to be around on a Sunday morning.  Helen and I have gone home a LOT this semester).  The kids have taught me so much about love, life, and friendship.

I will give a brief shout out to two people(s) that have become family to me:

(1) Tom & Lori-  I can't imagine Trinity... or life... without them now!  They're family.  They share our heartaches and happiness, our smiles and our tears. I love [the rare occasion] when Cole shows up at church, too, because it's just hard to be around that kid without smiling!

(2) The Petersons-  I'll brag about them more in another post, but they're family too.  Pastor Dudley is a wonderful pastor, and every message I've ever heard him preach has made me sit up and pay attention- always something to take away from it!  The Petersons have become a huge part of my life, and I can't imagine life without them.

Today at Trinity, we had our annual Thanksgiving dinner.  It's so fun to see the church family enjoying a meal together!  I'm thankful that the college crew is around once again, and I'm thankful for Sunday afternoons when we can laze around and enjoy being friends.

God has blessed me with not one, but TWO fantastic church families!  I'm thankful for all of my family, and love them all dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment