Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Numbers 8 & 10

Two posts in one day!  I know... ridiculous! Do I expect you to read both of my posts today? Not really. Do I want you to?  Obviously, or I wouldn't have posted it!

On Saturday, I scratched two more things off my bucket list:

#8- Eat a meal at the Bravo! Cucina Italiana (the Italian restaurant out at Jordan Creek)

#10- Buy something worth wearing in a bright, bold yellow.

Helen and I had a sister date day on Saturday.  We started out at Jordan Creek with the intent to start our Christmas shopping.  She bought nothing at JCM; I bought four shirts for less than $20 total, one of which was a bright AWESOME yellow sweatshirt!

We took an early afternoon break for lunch at the Bravo! which was YUMMY!!!  I was expecting outrageous prices, but it was actually comparable to Olive Garden.  We split an order of grilled chicken pesto spaghetti, and we both walked away MORE than full, for a total of $15.  Score!




After we waddled away from lunch, we hit Old Navy, and then proceeded on to Valley West Mall.  Once again, Helen bought nothing, and this time I joined her.  We did, however, have a marvelous time exploring the fantastic kids store!  So many cool things from our childhood- puppets, paper dolls, and color forms!  So much fun!

Then Helen finally bought something when we got back to Ankeny! She bought the makings for several Christmas presents, which are gonna be FABULOUS!  We then returned to my house for pizza and a movie.

It was a great day, and probably one of the last sister dates we'll have before she leaves in January to go to Cedarville (in Ohio).  I'm gonna miss her like crazy, but memories like these will keep me company.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment