Far too often, I take this one for granted. I'm thankful for my health! Today I was a little under the weather, so I took a sick day. I woke up tired with a sore throat and a headache. It is days like these that remind me how thankful I am that the majority of my days are spent in good health.
I have a fully functioning body, including all limbs and extremities.
I am not battling cancer, chronic disease, or any other life-changing health issues.
I do not have to take daily medications to function.
I have full use of my senses and mental faculties (no laughing on the second part).
Sure I have aches and pains from time to time, but for the most part, I have great health, and I'm SO THANKFUL!!!
AND, when I do happen to be ill, I'm thankful for things like orange juice, hot tea with honey, yogurt, vitamins, and cough syrup. When I'm sick this time of year, I'm also thankful for my small collection of Christmas movies, which kept me company today.
Oh, and I'm also thankful for clean sheets, which somehow always manage to make me feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment