Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 21- Leah... aka- Slappy

Of all my sisters, Leah is the most unique.  She's the only sports fanatic.  She's the only horse lover.  While the rest of us (Lindsey, Helen, & me) are quite similar, Leah does her own thing.  And the thing is... I'm THANKFUL for that!  It adds a little diversity to the family... spices up our lives!

She's just a freshman in high school this year, but she's playing Varsity basketball.  The rest of us never even played sports in high school that I remember.  She loves sports, and she's GOOD!

I love coming home to visit!  She always provides us with ample laughs.  I love that we get to call her Aunt Slappy.  I love when she says the most hilarious things, sometimes just plain old ridiculous, that make her laugh so hard she can't even finish her stories.  I'm telling you, that girl cracks me up!

I love that I can follow her via social media, such as Facebook and Pinterest, even though we're miles apart.  I love being able to see all the million and seven horse pins on Pinterest, and reading about school/basketball status updates on Facebook.

Most of all, I love the way she strives to be a witness/godly example wherever she goes. She doesn't mind being the "odd ball out" when it means she's doing the right thing or sticking up for her beliefs. I'm proud of the person she has become and is becoming.  Even though she's my baby sister, in some ways, I look up to her for her strength & courage.  Keep following God, Slappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment